To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Monday, January 4, 2010

6 months

In 6 months I graduate, move on from uniforms and away from the place that I have come to call home for the past three years. Going to SMUS, to boarding school, was the best gift my parents could have ever given me, and I only have 6 months of it left. Everybody wants to graduate, dream about it as a child, and my day seems to be arriving quickly. When I was little I couldn't wait to be in grade 12, to be one of the "big kids" like my brothers, and now I am.

I guess I'm not really done though...I want to be a doctor, so I have 8 years of school left, and two more graduations after this one. Over the next few months, which are going to fly by faster than I can flip the pages of a calender, all I can really do is make the most of my days as a SMUdent: study hard, reflect, train, experience and most importantly, laugh.

"Graduation is only a concept. In real life every day you graduate. Graduation is a process that goes on until the last day of your life. If you can grasp that, you'll make a difference." ~Arie Pencovici

peace like a river,
kaylynn

No comments:

Post a Comment