To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm Walking on Sunshine...yeahaa

As you could probably assume form the title, I am mobile! I am not referring to a cell phone, laptop, or car, but my own two feet. (Well, really  it was only one foot that made it so I couldn't walk. Have you ever tried to walk with one foot? If you haven't, you should try it, and it would also be a good idea to do so while wrapped in bubble rap with a safety approved helmet on.)

My room had become horribly disorder while I was on crutches because it is just so very difficult to do everything. Today I cleaned! Today I walked up and down stairs like an almost normal person. I went to physio, it hurt like a banshee, I almost cried, and then walked down a set of stairs. These seemingly insignificant accomplishments are seemingly massively significant to me.

Have you ever experienced walking? I don't just mean one foot in front of the other to get to the fridge, I mean really walking. Feeling the carpet for the first time in four weeks, taking a step, and then another and then another and feel like you are floating on a cloud? Okay, that kind of sounds like I am stoned, which is partly true, (its all prescription I swear), maybe someday you will feel the pure ecstasy of walking, and no I am not suggesting you go out and get high in order to experience this.

I'm walking on sunshine.    

No comments:

Post a Comment