To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Racing and Final Exams

Well, Tour de Bowness was last weekend....yup, didn't go so awesome for me...But it did go well for two of my team-mates who managed to snag first and third in the GC! I got a flat in the road race, just did plain bad in the hill climb, and then got held up behind a crash in the first 100m of the crit.

Right now I am studying for my POLS 2300 exam that is tomorrow morning...well, actually, I guess I'm blogging right now....To rephrase that, I'm supposed to be studying for my exam tomorrow, but instead I am blogging.

On Tuesday I am headed to Kamloops! I'm pretty excited to be racing in an event this large and with some of the best cyclist in Canada. I am fearing the heat a little bit, it was 40 degrees yesterday in Kamloops! My goals for the games is not to win necessarily (obviously I am going to try) but I just want to be a presence in the race and help out my team-mates. Its not always about winning, or the amount of medals you have, but its about racing, competing and showing off your province's colours.

After Kamloops, I am off to Penticton for the Future Champions Development Camp for 5 days. Lots of riding ahead!

Okay...now I am going to study!

No comments:

Post a Comment