To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Monday, November 12, 2012

Laughter

The best thing about volunteering at a Children's Hospital is laughter. Its my job, to make the kids, nurses, parents and doctors laugh. When you are volunteering in a respite/palliative setting and with children, the best thing that  I can do for them is to make them laugh. Today I played Uno Jenga with a patient, a nurse, a nursing aid and a doctor. We were having so much fun that we even drew a couple of parents and other patients out of their rooms to see what was going on. I left my shift today and walked out of the door with everybody laughing and smiling. I can only hope that when I am a doctor, I will be able to do the same, to go home everyday knowing that the last person I talked to was either laughing or smiling when I walk out the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment