To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Insanity

I can't even begin to describe the past two weeks. Two weeks ago today my computer crashed. That week, I had 3 midterms, a lab report, a presentation, all of my summer studentship funding applications were due, mice habituation and nerve conduction training. Like most university students, my life is on my computer and no, it wasn't backed up.

I made it through all of my midterms even though I was missing all of my notes. I majorly crammed for everything, and I wish I knew how I did on my stats exam...but some of the questions didn't have any correct answers...

 I spent 6 hours on Feb 17th doing baseline functional behavior testing on my mice, and then this past week was reading week. Usually people take some much needed time to fulfill Canadian stereotypes by going skiing, playing pickup hockey, sledding, or chilling with friends during reading week. I wrote an organic chem final on the 20th, then spent all day on Friday operating on my mice, and finally, after 12 days without a computer go my laptop back. I was at school by 8 am yesterday to inject my mice, then I went to training, then I wrote an essay...then I discovered my computer is not fully fixed. Today, I was at school by 7:45 am to inject my mice, then I had get over to grandmother's house by 10 to take her to church, then after church I discovered her car had a flat tire, and I had to deal with that, then it was back to injecting mice, and then back to calling Dell about my computer and then back to essay writing.

I'm so exhausted...reading break was not a break.

The good news is that I am less afraid of mice now, and my suturing skills have improved. By the time I get to medschool I will be a needle driver rock star. Speaking of which, this weekend was MMI interviews at my school, I have never been around so many nervous people before. I had to walk by their little gathering in the medical school before their interview to get to my locker and I felt I was the only one who had missed seeing the headless horseman. I hope I don't look that next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment