To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Friday, January 10, 2014

The Worst Day

I had a really awful day yesterday. Let me outline for you in a time line

7:15 am: Missed the bus
7:50 am: swimming behind a rather slowish person, the make a weird dead stop at the bulkhead, I try to avoid them and smash my ankle on the bulkhead. Ankle bleeds and I have severe nerve pain
9:10 am: I stop to check where my 9:30 class is as I stand in line to buy milk for the cereal that I packed to eat after swimming. My student centre reads "No Enrolments." I had been un-enrolled from all of my classes.
9:15-9:45 am: I wait in line at enrolment services
9:45-10:10 am: Person at the registrar tells me all of the classes I was enrolled in are full and she can't enrol me in any of them. I argue that there has to be because was registered in all of them the night before. She makes phone calls, senior official comes, sees my desperations and restores my enrolments.
10:20 am: I arrive at my 9:30 class almost an hour late, and I am not even sure if it is the right class. It was supposed to me neuromuscular physiology, but all the prof was talking about was learning and memory.
10:20-10:45 am: I sit in said class wondering if I am at all in the right place and hoping that I am not, because the class had nothing to do with neuromuscular physiology.
10:45 am: I apologize to prof for being late, and ask if I am in the right class. Sadly, he told me it was neuromuscular physiology.
11:10 am: I arrive back on the campus where my lab is and I go to the cafe to buy milk
11:20 am: I get back to the lab, exhausted, hungry and excited to eat my cereal that I was supposed to eat after the pool. I pour the milk onto my cereal and it comes out in globs.
11:21 am: I dump my cereal in the garbage
11:26 am: I return the spoiled milk to the cafe and get a new one
11:30 am: I get back to the lab, open the milk take a tiny sip and realize it is also bad.
11:32 am: I feel like crying
11:38 am: I return the second expired 2% milk for chocolate milk and have to explain my self to two friends and the cashier again.
11: 45 am: I give up on trying to do anything for the day and I just sit there drinking my not expired milk


The thing that really gets me about yesterday is how disappointed I was with Zool 595- Comparative Neuromuscular Physiology having essentially nothing to do with neuromuscular physiology, but more about how squids can learn by watching their fellow squids. I was so excited about this course because neuromuscular neurology is something I am passionate about (you know, cuz I get to live with the ramifications of what happens when it goes wrong everyday) and the course let me down.


Today went somewhat better. I did get a bislster though (which are the worst) but that bislster earned me one of the last flu vaccines in the province. 

No comments:

Post a Comment