To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Saturday, November 7, 2009

It is about time!

I guess it is about time I do another post, I guess it is about time I do a post about the disease that almost destroyed my life.

I had Lyme Disease, or I did in the US at least, apparently it doesn't exist in Canada. Apparently ticks can't cross the border? Well, I had lyme disease. It sucked big time, like big time. I spent my entire grade 10 year throwing up, going to doctors and being told it was all in my head. It wasn't in my head, I wish it was, I really do because that would of been an easy fix.

I didn't eat for about 8 months...well I did...it just well...you know was always counter productive. My hands and feet were numb, I was exhausted all the time, I had constant pain in my stomach, shooting nerve pains and headaches. Finally, somebody accepted my lyme diagnosis and treated me with IV anti-biotics.

I have always wanted to be a doctor - despite the fact many left me for dead and almost killed me - I still want to be a doctor. I want to be the doctor who cares, the one who has empathy for the pain of their patients and tries their best to do everything they can to make that person well again.

There it is, my lyme story in a peanut shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment