To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

GO Canada GO

The day I found out that Vancouver was hosting the 2010 Olympics, I was ecstatic. I thought it would be so cool to graduate the year that my province hosted the Winter Olympics...and it I was right.

This past weekend, I had the incredible fortune of being able to go to Vancouver and experience the spirit of 2010. I ran down the street next Wayne Gretzky as he carried the torch out of BC Place, I watched the Swedish Woman's hockey team beat Switzerland, I saw my first Ballet, waited in line to get into the Bay, and watched figure skaters fly through the air. It was a really cool experience, something that will only ever happen once; for three days I was a part of something so much bigger than myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment