To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Friday, July 2, 2010

The clutch

Today was my first day of work, like ever. Honestly, it was kind of boring, but I kind of like answering the phones even if I hate them. Maybe this job will crush my fear of phones and calling people that I have never met before. Basically, I am a switch board operator with out the actual switch board. I do get a free mountain bike pass though, so I am going to go ride tomorrow after work for a couple of hours, but I think I might stick to the blue trails because I am a bit a newb, or more correctly, I  am a Gorby.

I also had to learn how to drive a standard this week because I only work weekends and my parents take the truck to go up to the our cabin or the 'woods' as I a like to call it. I think that calculus is easier and less frustrating than learning to drive a standard. The actual driving part is easy, its the starting out that is hard. I basically despise stop lights and stop signs because 3/4 times I stall. Stalling does not only get me flustered, but it is also really embarrassing.

I hate that car.

No comments:

Post a Comment