To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm over it

This is going to be a two part blog today, neither section will relate to each other.

1. I am totally over my freak out about deciding where to go to university. I declined U of T today and recycled my admission package. I tried to decline Queens, but apparently you can't do that, so I have to wait until the offer expires on Saturday. I am not going to McGill because it is too expensive, and I don't want to go to UVic. All that leaves is Guelph, where I originally wanted to go before I started to freak out. Next week I will find out about McMaster Health Sciences. I don't think I %100 want to go there anymore, on the off chance that I get in, I might just turn it down. Turning down McMaster Health sciences is almost the same as turning down Harvard...but, I don't want to go to Harvard. (Get the aphorism there?) So ya, I think I am okay now, my panic attack has ended.

2. Last year, I remember what it was like to be in "prefect nomination craze." When being voted a prefect was the only thing that started to matter, the only thing you think about, and the one thing that made you do things you wouldn't normally do. It didn't really happen to me. I wanted really badly, but I was determined to just be myself, and if I was meant to be a leader, people would see that and vote for me. It worked out pretty well. I am Head of House this year and therefore also a prefect, and it has be great. But it is not the end of the world if you are not, it is awesome if you are one, but not everything.

Right now, it is this year's grade 11's that are freakin' out, in my house especially. Some people are ending up in tears every night, other people hate each other. People are spreading roomers about roomers, gossiping, and people who were once best friends now hate each other. As head of house, I feel obligated to help sort it all out, but it isn't going over so well. It is mind blowing how wanting to be a prefect can cause people to be like this and do things they would never normally do.

Anyway...U of G!

No comments:

Post a Comment