To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Monday, April 26, 2010

Self Amputation

Yup, I have consider it. Am I going to actually do it? Of course not, that would be disgusting and probably over all more painful. But I think the thought might just be instinctual. You know how dogs lick and chew at a sore because it hurts? Well, I have come to the conclusion that we have that same instinct...if it hurts a lot, just chop it off. Yet we resist because we have the ability to perform higher level thinking and we understand that a missing body part will not help us and will probably hurt more.

Where am I going with this? I'm actually not sure, all I know is that I have considered cutting my own foot off to stop the pain. The injections I had last Tuesday literally made the pain double and it hurts like a banshee to walk. I despise Dr. Selby. And my room-mate hid my knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment