To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stolen Quote

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr.

I have to admit, I jacked this quote from another blogger, a fellow RSD fighter. It is a good quote and sums up how I feel about the death of Osoma Bin Laden. Am I glad that he is dead? No, I don't think I am. I am glad that he can no longer harm another, but I don't know if death was best way to achieve that. This just might be the beginning of the darkness. So I challenge all of you stand up, and be a light that will shine through that darkness. I will try to be the light, I will always try to be the light, but the only way to fight the darkness is for everybody to let their light shine through.

Darkness is not the answer to darkness, but Love is the answer.

"This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, let it shine."

Side note: Interesting how Bin Laden died on May 1st, and Hilter died on May 1st....strange isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment