To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Welcome to Heart Month

Happy first day of February! February is Heart Month here in the Great North (except S. Ontario is a bit of an exception to the "north" part), which is good for all intensive purposes because it raises awareness about heart disease. This is ironic because we all know that high levels of stress increase your chances for heart disease...my stress levels in February sky rocket because midterms start. Organic Chemistry is this Saturday, and I am scared out of my mind because I might actually fail.

For a lot of people with chronic pain conditions, stress triggers more pain. For me it doesn't really produce more pain, but it definitely decreases my ability to physically and emotionally deal with the pain, so it just feels like the pain is much worse. This makes it more difficult to study, which stresses me out more because I am unprepared for tests ( or I feel I am) and I don't do so well. If I don't do well, I won't get into medical school, and thus my stress levels increase further. See how this positive feedback loop works?

So here is the beginning of a month long stress fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment