To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Monday, April 11, 2011

Exams, bikes, and Toronto.

On Saturday I went to Toronto with a very good friend to go to a bike shop. He hooked me up with the same team that sponsors him this year, which is pretty wicked. Cycle Solutions is a pretty awesome bike shop with super friendly staff, and I am lucky to have them as sponsors. I also can't wait to race!!

Toronto is a massive city and I rode a street car for the first time, they are kinda cool, but it also kinda sucks when you miss your stop!! We went pretty much all over the city on Saturday, we started in some random old part of town after we got a ride in from a friend in Guelph who works at MEC in Toronto, and ended up in the "Beaches." The Beaches is the rich area of Toronto, with cool little stores and water front views of Lake Ontario. We did a lot of walking...and because we are both not city kids, we definitely took the longest routes possible!

At Cycle Solutions I got some new tires, a water bottle, some toe covers and ordered some new Speed Play Zero pedals. I am already to race! (Well...after I get a kit that is...)

We did kind of run into a crisis though. We missed the 5:30 bus back to Guelph, they wouldn't let my friend put his bike frame on the bus, and the next bus wasn't until 8:00. I sort of started to freak out because I have six exams over the next two weeks, and I really needed to study physics and chemistry, not mention my biology finals is today at 6! My friend's wonderful aunt saved the day, and offered to drive us back to Guelph. I owe her a lot! And I am very great full for what she did.

So yeah, I had a fun time in Toronto, exploring the city by street car, bus and by foot. It was a good day, and it was super sunny for once!

Time to get back to the books...




No comments:

Post a Comment