To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Things you learn in school....

I'm not much of a physics person...okay, that's a bit of an understatement. I really, really don't like physics. Albert Einstein once said "Too much physics isn't good for you" and I completely agree! Although, I am able to calculate if King Kong was real, would his body be able to support his weight? The answer is of course no. Which brings me to question if anybody in Hollywood ever passed first year physics. I don't really see the usefulness of calculating the momentum of a rod spinning, but I guess knowing the tension in an artery could be useful, or the volume of blood pumped in one heartbeat. So as I study in gloom and fear for my 8:30 physics final tomorrow, I can't help but admit that what I am learning may actually be useful, and that if I don't get into med school, I could always go into Hollywood and do a better job then the people who made King Kong (1 and 2).

On a really happy note, by about 11 am tomorrow, I will never have to pick up a physics text book or get another physics headache again!!! Whooohooo!

So today's post is a tribute to physics, even if I hate it, it still deserves at least one day of love every 100 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment