To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Summa Time!

So I made it through first year! Yup, that's right, I'm a second year now! I could be considered to be all wise and stuff now, but really I will just be slightly less of a newb on campus.

Its awesome that school is over, no more exams, no more stress, but I still don't have a job!! It is kinda stressing me out, and its kinda my dads fault in an indirect strange kind of way. You see, most people's parents work for the mine or in a mine related field, and its not like they don't make really good money, but they should make less than a lawyer right? Because my dad is lawyer, I shouldn't need a job right?

Well, my dad is the type of lawyer who won't charge those who can't pay, who volunteers his time at a woman's shelter, works to keep youth out of the court system, volunteers his time in community matters and runs political forums. He is one of the top lawyers in BC, and he chose to work in a small town instead of a city where he would make 3x as much.

I don't need a job to pay for university right? I was privileged the day I was born, right? I went to boarding school, so clearly my parents can afford university, right? Oh, but did I forget to mention that I worked my ass off to get a scholarship that paid for my tuition at boarding school, and then worked harder to get scholarships for university. But I shouldn't need a job, right?

I hate my town sometimes...a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment