To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Monday, January 2, 2012

Everybody, their mother and their brother's dog has a blog

Okay, so I used to be the only one out of my friends that had a blog, but now it seems every person I know is blogging! So I figured I should start again...and I guess the new is year is as good as time as any.But I have decided that while my room-mate Sarah's blog is pretty cool and my friend Maggie started an  awesome blog about her journey through the bible from Genesis to Revelations, I am going to do a semester in pictures starting from the first day of Classes on Jan. 9 to my last exam. I don't know what my blog will become after the semester ends, but I can't really think more than 4 months ahead anyway.


In some other news, I saw a plastic surgeon on Dec. 19 in Vancouver, and he said that instead of having CRPS (Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome) I have a Neuroma Syndrome instead. Which in a way was a relief for me because 1) it means that there is hope that this pain might end and 2) a Neuroma Syndrome better explains my symptoms than CRPS does. In April, after exam are finished, I will be heading down to Vancouver to get my leg sliced open once again, but this time it just might work. Apparently, if you crush the nerve that has a neuroma (intentionally causing injury) and then implanting into tissue such as bone or muscle (bone in my case as I requested it, my nerve being in my muscle doesn't really work out so great with me being a cyclist). It will be painful recovery I am sure, but short term pain long term gain right? Hopefully. This surgeon is the only one in Canada who does this surgery, so lets hope it works!

Oh and tomorrow I will be having all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed! I also won't be sedated, so it should be a fun next few days.

So keep checking this blog daily starting on Jan. 9. It is my new years resolution to try and and take a picture everyday for 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment