To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Failed

Yup, that's right, I'm admitting to failing (I do it more than you think!). My semester in pictures is clearly not going to work out, so I might as well just come right out and say it: The picture blog is done.

Now don't go jumping to conclusions thinking that I am done blogging...I will try and do my very best to actually update this blog frequently.

As of late, I have been struggling to keep my head above water, I have this feeling of drowning on the inside. Everything lately has just seemed so overwhelming. I think that I might be struggling with a bit of depression right now. My pain has been pretty bad lately, a consistent 7/10 with the occasional spike. I have come up with a new way of describing one of the types of pain I feel though. Sometimes I get pain in my foot that starts at the top near the ankle joint and then spreads out like rain down to the sole of my foot. Its like I poured a glass of acid on my foot and is running off the side....

Sorry for that depressing imagery....not as cheerful as the idea of a semester in pictures, I know. But, that is how my life works. I wake up with pain, I go through my day with pain, I go to bed with pain and I often even dream in pain. (Do you know how many ways that your leg can be mutilated? A lot...and every night there seems to be a new method.)

I decided to book an appointment with a counselor on campus. I'm clearly depressed (I'm not going to kill my self, I have worked to hard for that), but thing is, I don't think anybody around me knows. Maybe I'm just good at hiding it, or they just can't tell, I really have no idea...I haven't exactly been making an effort to hide it or anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment