To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Last attempt

On Friday, I went to see my usual pain doctor who combines a interesting and useful mix of traditional and western pain management techniques. What he did on Friday was actually injections into the scars around my right knee with 5% procaine. It actually relieved the pain...but 16 hours later it was back like it never went anywhere at all.

What does that mean? It means I'm out of treatment options, it means that I will be off to surgery in April. It also means that I will not be getting any pain relief between now and April...and then once April comes and I have the surgery I am going to be in a lot more pain for a while. So for the foreseeable future, I will be in pain.

As a side note, this is my 100th post!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment