To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Here we go

On April 20th (last Friday) I finished my last exam which was Biochemistry, a class I actually like and at 10:15am on Friday I officially finished my second year of university! This fall I will be in my 3rd year...which in case you are wondering, means I am officially old and should have my life together. I don't feel old enough or mature enough or responsible enough to turn 20...I still need my mommy!

Anyway, because I had to study for exams, I didn't really start to pack anything until about 12 pm on Friday...and I had a lot to pack. Like 2 bikes, books, cloths, hats, bike stuff, bedding, and other random things that I have no idea why own, but couldn't seem to part with. Thankfully my friend Mike helped me pack or I totally would have missed my plane!! He also kept me going because I was so exhausted from exams and the fact that I woke up at 3:30 am to study...so a he deserves a shout-out for helping me get home!

Usually, my parents come to pick me up at the airport in Calgary...except they decided that my brother could use my car (which was stored at my grandparents house in Calgary for the past 8 months) to pick me up at the airport with my mass amounts of stuff and then I would drive myself home. It was odd driving myself home...I have never done that before. I mean I have driven the 3.5hr drive between Calgary and my town plenty of times, but I have never done it just after getting back from school. It was kind of nice in a way, to just drive, listen to my music and not have to talk to anybody or study.

Now onto the real news. I am leaving tomorrow at 7am to drive to Vancouver (its a 12hr drive) because I have my pre-op appointment on Thursday (April 26) afternoon, and then my surgery is on Friday at some point. I don't have the time yet.

I will try and post up an update when I get back home though!
First bike ride of 2012 in BC! I kinda look like I am grimacing, but its hard to take a picture with a Blackberry when you are riding up hill at 32km/h!

No comments:

Post a Comment