To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Monday, October 15, 2012

Training

I pretty much completely stopped training August and then September wasn't so great either, but now that I am part of the High Performance program at the Olympic Oval, I'm back into 100% full bore training plan. I can see what my coach is trying to do, build up the endurance side of things before it snows, then do some testing and then jump into a winter of interval training. But my legs hurt for real after riding 3.5hrs on Saturday and 3 hrs on Sunday. Today is a rest day, and then tomorrow we are back on the bike with another 3 hr ride.

I did actually manage to finish that health and society paper that I wrote about last Friday, and I did learn a few things about myself.  I am one of those people who don't employ any method of coping strategy to deal with the pain, which likely means that I have accepted that it will always be there and that there is no point fighting. I just live my life like I don't have pain, even though I'm pretty sure if somebody was actually using a scalpel to cut open my leg right I wouldn't be able to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment