To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Do not let the pain make you hate"



I wish I had the strength to follow these simple rules.

"Do not let the pain make you hate." This is a really hard thing to do, for me, its more a physical pain that makes me hate, but I know that is not the case for everybody. I hate that I have to deal with things that everybody else deals with, and deal with the pain. My life would be so much easier if I could just sleep through the night, not spend most of the day feeling nauseous from the pain and not spend huge amounts of time faking to the world that nothing is wrong. I hate that I can't do anything about these things, and I hate that the pain makes me hate things.

I don't know why I have this idea in my head, but I feel like if I ever get into med school that my worries will just disappear. I have no idea why I think this will happen, because likely my worries will triple once in med school. Maybe its because my goal of trying to get into medical school has been the only thing that makes me keep on going despite the pain. What will happen if I don't get in? Well, I think my pain will make me hate the world even more than I already do.

I need to go see my family doctor about sleeping pills....I hate asking for drugs (and there we go again with my pain making me hate things).

No comments:

Post a Comment