To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Training Camp

My legs feel like jello.

In the past 3 days we have ridden over 13hrs...and collectively we have gotten 17 flat tires. I got my first today when a thorn from a cactus pierced through my tire and tube. I thought the weather would be warmer in Tucson, but last night it went below zero (in Celsius of course). Yesterday was pretty chilly because it rained all Sunday night. Who knew it rained in the desert?? I sure didn't, I remember being told in elementary school that it never rained in the desert, but in all honesty I know only slightly more about US geography than  most Americans know about Canadian geography (okay, maybe a lot more, but I apparently know nothing about deserts).

I received some new Speedplay cleats in my "Santa box" (aka stocking) for Christmas and I used them for the first time on Sunday. My right cleat (my right foot is the one with the nerve pain issues) was locked so that not only was it nearly impossible to clip in, but I had no side to side play in my pedal. So I rode 3.5 hours with my foot locked into a position that should not have been in. As a result, I now not only have way worse nerve pain, but my right knee along the joint line is in some pretty serious pain right now. Essentially, my whole right leg is in pain at every single joint....and all of my muscles hurt. We still have 4 days of riding to go (tomorrow is a rest day, but we still have a 1.5 hour ride to do), with Mt. Lemon on Thursday...I don't know if I'm going to make it...

I don't have any pictures because I have been too busy trying not die on the rides and too tired after the rides to do anything other than lie in bed. On the plus side, my Netflix (or m Dad's I should say) is a American!! If you don't know, Canadian Netflix cowers in the shadow of American Netflix. Americans get Grey's Anatomy episodes!!!

Hopefully we will grab a few pics tomorrow in the park. Wish me strong legs, I'm going to need them.

Peace like a dry Arizona river bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment