To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Monday, May 24, 2010

Check

I usually love long weekends. I get to go home, sleep a lot, eat a lot, watch more TV than I should and hang out with my family. Its pretty wicked.

This long weekend turned out differently. Originally I was supposed to come home early, but then I had to change my Bio exam. So I had to go home a day late. This weekend there was a kayaking festival in Pincher Creek, but I couldn't go because we had to go up to Whiteswan to turn the water on. So we did, but they couldn't turn the water on. No electricity and no running water...yay! Oh, did I mention that my older brother also came down from Vancouver this weekend? Yeah, so we had to share a bed because there are only two beds in out cabin. Neither of us slept. Oh, did I also mention that I got the flu? The flu worked to my advantage because we got to come home yesterday.

This weekend did not work out as planned. Plus, all my friends are off drunk in the bush somewhere because they graduate in two weeks, and that is what people do here before graduation. I never thought it was fun to go get drunk, in the cold, in a forest, in the middle of no where.

The one weekend that I come home, and  Check News films my team's training ride! What is this? May long weekend, not so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment