To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Friday, May 7, 2010

"The grade 12 fell into a bush."

I went mountain biking yesterday with the middle school out at the "dump." (I'm not too sure why I just put the "dump" quotations because were literally out at the dump.) I'm not amazing at mountain biking, I'm a roadie, spandex and all, but I'm not horrible on a mountain bike. Yet, I was yesterday. I have clipless pedals on my mountain bike because I ride cross country and you can go a lot faster up hill.(As an aside: clipless pedals are not actually clipless...you have to clip into them, so your foot essentially become part of the pedal. I have no idea why they call them clipless, its a bit paradoxical.) I have not gone mountain biking with ten 12 year olds before, and I didn't think of the fact that they would be stopping and starting pretty much every 20 ft. Stopping and starting with clipless pedals basically is synonymous for crashing and getting stuck under your bike. I crashed more than all of the middle school kids, mostly in mud puddles, and once I fell into a bush.

Now you may be wondering if I am embarrassed?  I most certainly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment