To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Monday, May 10, 2010

"You were right, this is hard to do."

Instead of writing my AP biology exam this morning, I got needles stuck in me. I had another lumbar sympathetic block this morning. It hurt a lot, it wasn't really numb when they stuck the giant needles into my spine...I could feel it. The sedation drugs were kinda fun, they made me drool a bit though. I also got to see an old man's behind because he didn't have his gown closed...that didn't make me drool.

It took the IV nurse three tries to get the IV in, that just made me bleed, but I won two dollars, so it was kind of worth the pain. She told me that she could get it in with only one try. So I bet her a dollar for every try after the first one, like I said, I won two dollars and she agreed with my statement: "It is really hard to get an IV in my vein, they roll, and they are tiny."

I also didn't get into McMaster Health Sciences. I am glad. Guelph is where I belong I think, so I am glad the decision was made for me. I don't want to be part of a group of people who think they are better than everybody else because they have a 98 average, I'm honestly not that smart, and people who are that smart usually are just trying to be better the guy beside them. I just want to be doctor.

All in all, today was not such a bad day, after all, I did win two dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment