To know one life has breathed easier because you have lived. That is to have succeeded. - RW Emerson

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Just about bit the dust....

I decided to take a break from studying and go for a short 1 hour ride in the lovely sunshine (windy, windy sunshine) today. I was about 2km from home when a car decided to cross the bike lane to go in the right turning lane without shoulder checking...guess who was in the bike lane? Have you ever been so close to almost being hit that your shoulder and hip are touching the passenger window of a car? I just had the pleasure of experiencing that. I for sure thought I was going to crash and that the car was going to run over me, but for some reason I managed to separate myself from the car and stay up right. I'm pretty sure my HR was over 200 (which I would know for sure if my HR monitor was working).

The frustrating thing is, the diver didn't even apologize even though we were stopped at the light side by side. I glared at him for the entire length of the light, but he didn't make eye contact. There is no way he couldn't have noticed that he grazed me with the car because my left hip was most certainly on his passenger side window.

No comments:

Post a Comment